Sunday 18 May 2014

Skincare Essentials!



In this review am going to share with you my everyday skincare routine, and all the skincare essentials that you need to get a perfect looking healthy skin. It's extremely important to adjust your skincare routine two times a year, one for summer when your skin produces more oil and in winter when your skin is super dry. Also, you have to understand you skin type whether it's oily, dry, normal, or combination. and get your skincare products accordingly. No matter what is the brand or how good it is, it will not work for your if it's not formulated specifically for your skin type. I have a normal to combination skin since I have dry cheeks and oily t-zone.

Step 1: Cleanse
You have to cleanse your skin two times a day with a face cleanser, and below are many cleansers that I've tried and highly recommend:

- Bioscreen Purifying Cleansing Gel: This cleanser is the best among the ones that I've tried. It worked perfectly for me for the last few months. Although this brand sounds unfamiliar, but after trying their cleanser, I totally recommend buying it if you have a combination skin like me.  
Price: BD7 Rating: 5/5

- Avène Gentle Milk Cleanser: As the name implies, it gives you the feeling that you are cleansing your face with milk, it is very good though It didn't work for my skin type since the milk is formulated for extremely dry skin.
Price: BD9 Rating: 4/5

- Avène extremely gentle Cleanser: this is a non-rinse formula that sounds a little bit weird but once I've tried it I loved the soft feeling it gives my skin. I use it after the Bioscreen cleanser to make sure that all the makeup and dirt was removed as it gives a nice tacky feeling to the skin! Price: BD8 Rating: 4/5

-  Clean & Clear Morning Energy Cleanser: This is a great everyday cleanser and very affordable one! It has small bids that exfoliates the skin gently.
Price: BD3 Rating: 4/5

- Cleanser Brands that didn't work for me: Lancome, Garnier, NeutrogenaHimalaya

Step 2: Tone
After you cleanse your skin, it's the time to use a toner with a cotton ball to remove all dead skin.
Till the moment I don't recommend a specific brand, but I recommend searching for a gentle toner for skin, I tried Clinique toner before a couple of months but it irritated the skin and cause red patches. So I switched no Nivea which is basically does nothing but removes all the dust and makeup resedue.

Step 3: Moisturize  
This is the most important step in my opinion, you need to moisturize your skin every single day to prevent wrinkles, dryness, acne, etc. Some people might think that we don’t need a moisturizer every day, or in the summer because the skin will get greasy, this is completely wrong as if you don't moisturize the skin properly every day, the skin will produce its own oil to moisturize the skin, which Isn't very appealing. I've tried many moisturizers out there until I am happy and stick to a couple of moisturizers which Is basically nothing but gentle and affordable.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: By far this is the best moisturizer I've ever tried, it's very gentle on the skin, and makes a good primer to apply before makeup to provide a sort of barrier between your skin and the makeup.
Price: BD7 Rating: 5/5

Oilatum Natural Face Repair Cream: When i ran out of Citaphil, this is a cheaper and a very good alternative to it, as it's aimed to sensitive skin. Although it's slightly more greasy than Citalphil moisturizer, I really love it and I still switch between the two every time. Definitely good value for money!
Price: BD5 Rating: 5/5

- QV Cream: Same as the two cleansers, very gentle for the skin, great consistency, and lasts for ages!
Price: can't remember Rating: 5/5

Moisturizers Brands that didn't work for me: Clinique, Shiseido, YSL

Don't forget to exfoliate once a week to refresh and energize the skin! I recommend St. Ives face scrub, or you can make your own, mix a tea spoon of sugar with a tea spoon of olive oil and add few drops of honey, and there you have it! An excellent homemade face & body scrub.


No comments:

Post a Comment