Tuesday 4 March 2014

All About Lip Stains!


Lip stains are the new generation of lipsticks that leaves no trace on your coffee cup. They are the kind of stains that you don't want them to go away. With lip stains, you can get Anne Hathaway's berry stained lips in seconds!

The major difference between lipsticks and lip stains is the staying power. When buying a lipstick, most women are searching for long lasting ones so they don't have to do any touch ups during the day. I personally prefer lip stains over lipsticks because they are very long lasting and look the most natural.

There are many different kinds of lip stains available in the market, but I tried only four lip stains from different brands both drugstore and high end, and with different textures and price categories:

1. Gosh Long Lasting Lip Marker - Berry
Rating: 3.0/5.0

This is the first lip stain that I owned and it is the one that got me addicted to lip stains. It has a good lasting power for the price, but it's not as strong as the other ones that I've tried. My only problem with this lip marker that it is very drying for the lips, so if you have dry lips naturally, stay away from this product. It has four shades only and you can get it for only BD5.00 at Beauty Bay.

2. Benefit rose-tinted lip & cheek stain - benetint
Rating: 3.5/5.0

This lip stain is a really interesting product that can be used on both lips and cheeks and has a liquid texture and looks exactly like a nail varnish! The main problems I faced with benetint that I had to blend it really fast, or else, I would be left with two red strokes on my cheeks! The other problem that it is made out of glass that can be easily broken! I broke mine the first day bought it and this is my second bottle of it! Other than that, the staying power is amazing and the finish is very natural and lovely. It's available for BD14.00 at Sephora.

3. Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint - Timeless tango
Rating: 3.5/5.0

This lip marker has a great lasting power, it lasts for hours and doesn't move at all except after using an oil-based makeup remover! The major problems I faced with this lip tint is the color range since some of the colors are not wearable and the color looks totally different when it's on. It is also drying for the lips because it is very long lasting. You can get it for around BD6.00 at Beauty Bay.

4. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain - 31
Rating: 4.5/5.0

This is my favorite lip stain among the ones that I've tried! It's perfect in terms of color range, texture, and packaging. It is very easy to use because the lip applicator fits perfectly with your lips. When you apply the first coat, you will have glossy finish that will keep your lips moisturized. And once it dries, it becomes a stain that does not move even after eating and drinking! I cannot find any weaknesses in this lip stain except for the price (around BD16.00) but other than that, it’s an interesting product to try that you can find in Paris Gallery, Faces, or Debenhams.

6 comments:

  1. I read your previous and the most relevant topic... I have nothing to say except that " A brilliant job opportunities are waiting to be hunted " keep it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks fatima .. but I dont like lip stains

    ReplyDelete
  3. YSL...is a good brand and em sure their lip stain products r good too..
    Thanks for bringing it to attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. even though it looks great but i don't like lipsticks that last a long time
    but thanx for

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate lip stains as they make my lips very dry even when they are moistured, but I liked the features of YSL lip stains that you mentioned. Thanks for sharing, you made it easier for me to choose the best lip stain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I use it when I have wedding .. but its difficult to remove it !

    Thanks for sharing with us this post

    ReplyDelete